As my parents stuffed me this morning with an enormous breakfast (of course, what did I expect?), I wanted to eat something rather light this evening. This quinoa salad with avocado and salmon was just perfect! Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1,5 cup Quinoa (ca. 250 grams) (FYI: One cup of dried quinoa yields about 3 cups cooked)
250 g Smoked Salmon
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Cucumber
- 2 Tb Greek Yoghurt (preferably light)
- Sesame Seeds
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Optional: ½ Tsp Wasabi Paste
1. Cook the quinoa (see previous blog post on how to cook quinoa, but do not add any bouillon cube)
2. Let the quinoa cool and add a drizzle of olive oil and some salt and pepper to taste.
3. Dice the avocado, cucumber and salmon
4. Combine the greek yoghurt and the wasabi paste (if you opted for the wasabi – to be honest, I prefer it without the wasabi paste, it keeps the dish lighter)
5. Toss the avocado, cucumber and salmon with the quinoa
6. Finally, add the wasabi sauce (or just the greek yoghurt) and some sesame seeds
Credit goes to “Brenda Kookt” for this recipe.