With autumn coming up, today is the perfect day to provide you guys with simple tomato soup recipe. The secret of this recipe is adding some greek yoghurt in stead of cream… Let me know whether you guys liked it!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Onions
- 1 Potato
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 Tb Olive Oil
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 10 Tomatoes
- 2 Tb Tomato Paste
- 1/2 Can Peeled Tomatoes
- ca. 1 liter Vegetable Broth (you can just dissolve 2 vegetable bouillon cubes in water)
- 3 Tb Low Fat Greek Yoghurt
1. Sauté the onions together with the potato and bell pepper in olive oil.
2. When the onions have become soft, add the garlic and heat for one more minute.
3. Add the tomatoes, the tomato paste and the peeled tomatoes. Stir. Cook it for about 10 minutes over medium heat.
4. Add the vegetable broth (the tomatoes should be covered a few centimeters). Cook it for another 15 minutes.
5. Add the greek yoghurt and mix the soup (you can use either a blender or a hand blender).
6. If the soup is too thick, you could add some broth.
Et voilà, your tomato soup is ready! Enjoy!
A.Credit goes to Lien Willaert for this recipe. Check out her awesome cook book ‘Liens lichte klassiekers’.