I love pancakes. I guess everybody does. My mother used to make them bear-shaped, allowing me and my sisters to draw bear faces on them with Nutella. So, when I invited a friend of me to come over, I suggested making pancakes, but a healthier version than what we are used to. Eating oats every morning, the recipe on the Quaker Oat box, caught my attention. These guilt-free pancakes turned out to be delicious!
Ingredients (ca. 6 pancakes, depending on how thick you like them)
- 50 g Oats
- 1,5 dl Skim Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 100 g Low Fat Greek Yoghurt
- 30g Tagatesse or Stevia (or 60 g Sugar)
- Coconut Oil or Soy Butter (we used coconut oil)
1. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and use a blender to mix until the oats are properly ground
2. Leave the pancake batter at room temperature for about 5 minutes
3. Heat some coconut oil (or soy butter) and sauté the pancakes, flipping once, until both sides are golden.
Tip: if you’re looking for a healthy (or healthier) pancake topping, then you could just heat some (frozen) red (rasp)berries in a pan (and for the sweeth tooths between you: heat some dark chocolate to go with that).