In my opinion, there are many good reasons to eat ice cream. Yesterday’s temperature was definitely convincing enough for me. Fortunately, Rens Kroes’ pistachio ice cream was still on my to-do list. And, guess what? It turned out to be just delicious!Important: you don’t need an ice cream maker, but you do need a food processor. Me, I do not own a ‘real’ food processor, but I bought a ‘Moulinex Multi Moulinette‘ about a year ago, and I cannot but recommend this. I use it to chop nuts, make tomato sauces, ice cream etc.
Ingredients (for ca. 300 ml.)
- 2 Handfuls of Peeled Pistachios
- A Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Avocado
- 2 Frozen Ripe Bananas, cut into pieces (tip: cut them into pieces before putting them in the freezer)
- 1 Tsp Unsweetened Vanilla Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Almond Essence
1. Chop a handful of pistachios into small pieces and toast them until golden brown in a dry frying pan.
2 Add a pinch of sea salt and a table spoon of maple syrup.
3. Let the pistachios cool.
4. Combine the (1/2) avocado, the frozen bananas and the rest of the untoasted nuts in a food processor. Add the vanilla powder and the almond essence (be sure not to put more than 1/2 tsp in it!)
5. Blend until you’ve got a creamy mix (not too long, because we’re not making pistachio milkshake)
6. Put your ice cream in a bown and add some toasted nuts.
7. Voilà, your ice cream is ready to be served!
A.All credit goes to Rens Kroes for this recipe. Be sure to check out her blog and her fantastic cook book ‘Powerfood’.