There is something new in foodie land: zucchini noodles (well, at least it’s new to me), also called ‘zuchetti’ or ‘zoodles’. These noodles, made from zucchini are grain-free alternative to standard pasta. Furthermore, these noodles are simple to make, using a vegetable spiralizer, and they taste great. When I discovered this recipe, containing fresh lemon juice, parsley and garlic, I knew I had to try it… and yes, it was totally worth it. This dish is so simple, requires very little ingredients and ready before you know it. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Tb Olive Oil
- 24 à 32 Shrimps (6 à 8 pp)
- 1 Tb Minced Garlic
- 1/4 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- 1/4 Cup White Wine
- 2 Tbs Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 4 Medium Zucchini (cut into noodles)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
1. Place a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil and heat for one minute. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook them for one minute, stirring constantly.
2. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook them.
3. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a bowl, leaving any liquid in the pan. Increase the heat to medium. Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan. Using a wooden spoon, scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, cooking the wine and lemon juice for 2 minutes.
4. Add the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, garish with parsley and serve immediately.
A.Credit goes to ‘Just a Taste’ and ‘One Hungry Mama’ for the basis of this recipe.