This week, a friend of mine advised me trying out Jeroen Meus‘ banana bread recipe, as her sister made it and she was very pleased with it. Fortunately, I did, because it turned out to be just delicious!
- 300 g (very) Ripe Bananas
- 140 g Spelt Flour
- 100 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda (Bicarbonate)
- 50 g Mix of Nuts (of choice)
- 4 Tb Maple Syrup (or Agave Syrup – I used maple syrup)
- 15 cl (Natural) Yoghurt
- 3 Eggs
- A Knob of Butter OR Backing Paper
1. Combine self raising flour, spelt flour, baking powder and bicarbonate in a bowl.
2. Chop nuts (you could use a food processor).
3. Peel bananas, chop them and put in a blender. Add maple or agave syrup, yoghurt and eggs. Blend until smooth.
4. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
5. Preheat oven to a 160 degrees.
5. Melt butter to grease your baking tray and flour your tray (or use baking paper).
6. Pour batter into the prepared baking tray.
7. Cook bread for ca. 35 minutes. Next, cover with aluminium foil and cook for an extra 35 minutes (total baking time is between 70 and 75 minutes).
8. Check if your bread is done, using the toothpick trick. If it comes out clean, your bread is ready to be served!
A.Credit goes to Laure Maerevoet for trying this recipe out and Jeroen Meus for the recipe.