It has been quite some time since my last blog post as it has been a very busy period. However, I did not stop cooking, on the contrary, I bought some new cookbooks to experiment, such as Pascale Naessens‘ latest one, and I must say I am very happy with it! This recipe is actually one of this book; I think it’s perfect for a delicious, healthy lunch! Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 Apples
- 10 Slices of Mozzarella (you can find these thinly sliced at the cheese department of for example Colruyt; they’re just perfect)
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
- A handful of Walnuts
1. Use an apple corer to extract the core.
2. Cut apple into slices of ca. 1 cm.
3. Brush some olive oil on the apple slices.
4. Put between each slice a piece of mozarella and add some fresh black pepper.
5. Reconstruct the apples in a baking dish and keep it together using a skewer.
6. Pour some olive oil and balsmic vinegar onto the apples.
7. Put in a preheated oven of 180°C for ca. 30 minutes. Toss in the walnuts during the last 10 minutes. Be sure to watch them, as they burn easily!