I am a huge fan of the Chicks Love Food blog: everytime I try one of their recipes, it turns out to be simply delicious. Last week, I tried this dish, and again: I love this dish. It’s so simple, tasty, nutritious and healthy.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 Sweet Potatoes;
- 2 Red Onions;
- Ca. 20 (small) Carrots (fresh carrots with the leaves still attached really are the best; but quite often, they are smaller);
- 4 Tb of Pine Nuts;
- 4 Cloves of Garlic;
- A Drizzle of Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil;
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
2. Peel and cut sweet potatoes, carrots and onions.
3. Combine sweet potatoes, carrots and onions in a large bowl.
4. Spread into an even layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.
5. Peel cloves of garlic, crush them, cut into wedges and spread onto the vegetables/potatoes.
6. Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, adding more if necessary to lightly coat, add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
7. Roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway through (be careful: both the red onions and balsamic vinegar easily burn). Roast pine nuts while roasting the vegetables.
8. Vegetables should be soft and lightly browned when done. If they are ready, add pine nuts.
Again, anoter easy and healthy dish, ready in no time! Enjoy!
All credit goes to Chicks Love Food for this recipe.