After trying out a leek and ham gratin recipe, I got a tip from a friend of mine. She told me she switched the ham for smoked salmon. AND OH MY GOD YES, WE HAVE A WINNER! This recipe is just great. And easy. And requires so little ingredients. And and and…
Anyhow – time to get started!
OH MY GOD YES, WE HAVE A WINNER!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 4 leek (white part only)
- 8 slices of smoked salmon
- 100 g grated cheddar
- 2 tbs (semi-sharp or Dijon) mustard
- 7 tbs low fat cream
- Pre-heat oven to 200C.
- Cook the leeks in boiling salted water for ca. 4-6 minutes (until just tender).
- In the meantime, mix the cheddar, mustard and cream.
- When the leeks are cooked, drain them and cool them with cold water to prevent them from cooking further. Pat them dry on kitchen paper.
- Cut the leeks in two and wrap them in a slice of smoked salmon and arrange them in a baking dish. Spread your cheese-mix over the leeks and bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.