Here in Zürich, the snow/sun (we had everything over the last month) made place for rain. And rain means… soup (okay, I admit: there’s some weird things going on in my head).
Anyhow, I found this gorgeous mushroom soup recipe in my new Paleo cookbook. They swapped the cream/milk for coconut milk, and – no nonsense- what an upgrade!
Just two more tips to make this soup super fabulous:
- make sure to use a good mix of some nice wild mushrooms; and
- top it with some nice fresh parsley right before you serve it.
Ready? Here we go!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 400 g wild mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 600 ml vegetable broth (you can simply use vegetable bouillon cubes and dissolve then in cooking water)
- 200 ml light coconut milk
- fresh parsley, chopped
- pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil on high heat and fry onions for ca. 3-4 minutes. Add mushrooms, reduce heat and stir fry for a few minutes.
2. Add garlic and bouillon. Leave to simmer for about 15 minutes. Add coconut milk and cook for another minute.
3. Purée with a stick blender until very smooth and add pepper to taste.
4. Garnish with some fresh parsley.
** and that’s how easy it is to make this delicious soup… enjoy!**