Having started my new job, I’m even more than ever looking for super easy –yet healthy and delicious- meals to save some time. I like preparing this dish upfront, so I can come home and just put the tray into the oven.
I’m a big fan of Zucchetti (“Zucchini spaghetti”) so I was very excited to discover this super easy zucchetti bake. So excited that I already cooked it 3x since the moment I discovered the recipe (oops).
What’s even better: you only need 4 ingredients to make this recipe a success.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 zucchinis
- Ca. 15 mushrooms (basic champignon mushrooms)
- 200 tomato sauce (I always go for bio tomato sauce that is not sweetened, and usually go for the one with basil)
- 6 Tbs cottage cheese
- Optional: gruyère (I plead guilty) and olives
1. Use a spiralizer or vegetable/potato peeler (I use a handheld spiralizer, but you have plenty of options) to turn your zucchini into nice “zucchetti” stripes.
2. Bring water to a boil and “cook” the zucchetti for ca. 3 minutes and drain.
3. In the meantime, slice the mushrooms. Heat some olive oil in a pan and sauté for ca. 5 minutes . Add the tomato sauce (and potentially olives) and add salt and pepper to taste. Leave simmer for another 5 minutes. Finally, add the cooked zucchetti.
4. Put zucchetti/tomato sauce in an oven tray and add the cottage cheese (and potentially Gruyère as well).
5. Grill in the oven for ca. 5 minutes
And yummy, this dish is ready to be enjoyed!